Monday

Tool #8

Videos are great learning tools. I think that kids are such visual learners. Kicking off a lesson with a short video kind of grabs their attention and gets them excited about learning something new or reviewing a previously taught lesson.

Here's a video that I found on youtube.com that explains the "nine" trick for multiplication. Here's the video:



I also LOVE Brainpop and Brainpop, Jr. This site is chock-ful of educational videos with pop quizzes at the end. These quizzes can be coupled with the ActivBoard and ActiVotes and the students can vote on each quiz question and the teacher can have instant results of what their students are learning.

Here is a video about inches and feet on Brainpop, Jr. These videos really engage the students and get them excited about learning.

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea for using ActiVotes in conjunction with BrainPop quizzes. I can't wait until I get my ActivBoard in the library!!

    Millie

    ReplyDelete