Tuesday

Tool #10

I wish I invented the iTouch (or the iPhone or really any of these amazing technological ideas!). But..instead I really enjoy having an iTouch in my home. We finally relented and purchased iTouches for each of my boys. If I had known how fun they'd be, we would have done it sooner!

When I heard we were getting iTouches for school, I just didn't get it. Why on earth would be get iTouches to be used at school? The more I played with these adorable little machines, the more I realized how fun they'd be for the students.

The free educational aps are pretty cool. I looked at several. I was impressed by Tutor.com where homework help is at your fingertips. I will certainly remember this one for my own boys when they need an extra boost with their school work. I also thought that 30squares was fantastic. This ap allows students to organize all of their assignments and be able to keep up with varying due dates. Math Drills lite is an ap that I could use immediately with my students. This ap would allow my small groups to work on basic math skills in a fun and interactive way.

I love the iTouches and how they operate and what they offer. I think that if used properly in the classroom, our students will really benefit from this purchase.

1 comment:

  1. I agree iTouches are a great addition to our classrooms. I've enjoyed having 12 of them in the library this past year and have loaded over 60 free apps on them. While some of the apps are just plain fun and games, many of them are truly educational in nature. We'll hear more about this at our training later this month.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete