Wikis are another way for students to integrate technology into their learning. Setting up a wiki for students to expand ideas and brainstorm topics will increase teamwork and promote fun in learning. I see Wikis working well in Language Arts - especially in writing or publishing book reviews. It would be great as students read chapter books, to post a picture of the book along with a review. Other students can add their opinions and recommendations about that book.
Since I teach math intervention, I need to think more about how to integrate wikis into my lesson planning. I'm open to ideas...
I think that I can use a wiki with other specialists and classroom teachers to keep an ongoing communication about specific student's progress. We can add updates as we work with student's on a weekly or bi-monthly basis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like your ideas for Language Arts activities. Wikis are a great way to create interactive learning opportunities. For your math groups, maybe you could use a Wiki to have students share all the different strategies they can think of for solving a particular math problem that you've posted.
ReplyDeleteMillie